Wellness and Family Support
Basic Needs, Economic Security & Child Safety are services and supports that address the basic, daily living needs of families as well as the child and family safety. These areas are critical in providing families in Ionia County support.
The Family Support Committee will provide a forum for shared leadership, coordinated planning and strategic communication to improve the basic needs, economic security, & child safety outcomes of all young children and their families in Ionia County.
- Hold an Early Childhood Celebration in partnership with Head Start to increase connection to all the family health supports available.
- Publish Family Fun Guide of events and activities promoting age appropriate learning for parents to use.
- Promote website to support parent’s access to local early childhood activities that provide support in children’s development.
- Maintain parenting class opportunities locally to educate parents on child learning and development.
- Coordinate diaper drive activities to support families facing economic barriers to having thriving children.
- Create tool to identify agencies that provide birth to eight basic needs supports to improve access to these needed supports.
- Secure and maintain funding for resource and referral service (211) in Ionia County to ensure parents have easy access to learning about needed resources and programs available in the Ionia County Community.
- Host networking activities between service providers to improve program referrals.
- Establish connection to Ministerial Association in Ionia County to expand economic referral assistance available to families.
- Coordinate mandated reporter training for partner agencies to begin to address identified community deficit of high incidents of abuse and neglect cases.
Meeting Minutes and Agenda:
For meeting minutes and agenda contact: Jessica Murphy at 527-4900 Ext. 1468 or click here (firstname.lastname@example.org) to email Jessica.